Go deep on a topic and immerse yourself in learning at a SALT 2022 Pre-Conference Session.
- A 4- hour deep dive into specific areas of interest
- An interactive and engaging learning environment
- Advanced on-site conference registration
- It’s our SALT master class in real life. You’re not just sitting in a lecture, you’re learning from the best of the best while also workshopping for your own church. It is hands down the best learning environment of SALT Conference.
Pre-Conference sessions take place on the first day of conference prior to main registration for standard ticket holders. Hands down the best learning environment at SALT 2022. Space is limited.
Included with all Premium & Premium+ tickets.
“The pre-conference at SALT Conference had a huge impact on my as a developing leader. Really changed how I am approaching my team.”
PRE-CONFERENCE SESSIONS (click to expand)
- COMMUNICATIONS: REACHING BENEATH THE SURFACE
We’ve all been commissioned to reach the lost but what about the found? How do we truly connect and communicate the message of Christ to the communities we serve? This session is for those who have been assigned to communicate the Gospel whether it be as a volunteer or as a vocation. You’ll learn practical tactics that go beyond the obvious and reach beneath the surface on how to properly develop and execute your church’s mission and message. If you’ve been searching for an effective communication strategy, this course is for you. You’ll learn Facebook ads, YouTube Ads, Google Ads, all while creating brand continuity between various platforms including, web, email, mobile, and social. This course will also discuss building online communities that will transform your ministry. As an interactive course, a laptop computer will be required, as the goal is for you to develop a framework to take back to your church and build out with your team. Come ready to learn, grow, and take your ministry’s communication to the next level!
- LEADERSHIP: Volunteers - Recruiting and Retaining Made Simple
Christine Kreisher & Darren Kizer
Join Christine Kreisher and Darren Kizer, authors of The Volunteer Project: Stop Recruiting. Start Retaining. for a fun, interactive workshop that will equip you with the mindset and strategies that are crucial for building thriving teams and creating an irresistible volunteer culture.
- Uncover neuroscientific discoveries to understand the link between mindsets and achievement
- Learn four simple strategies for creating an irresistible volunteer culture
- Develop a solid plan to re-engage and grow your volunteer base
- Walk away with a helpful tool to measure your performance in 4 critical areas predicting volunteer retention
- VIDEO: CONTROL, AUTOMATE, & STREAMLINE
Working in production environments can be overwhelming. There are so many little details you need to remember to make Sundays, or even a kids’ classroom, work consistently without troubleshooting or technical background. So, in this pre-conference session, we will go in-depth on how you can streamline your systems, eliminate unnecessary work, and make technology way easier for your volunteers. By the end, you will be able to transform any environment that uses production gear into a low-maintenance, easy-to-use space.
- How to control ProPresenter, Audio Consoles, projectors/tv’s, lighting & more with Companion
- How to eliminate the keyboard/mouse and integrate Streamdecks into production areas or mount them in classrooms
- Practical ways to streamline workflows using automation
- How to leverage ProPresenter fully in your environments
- CREATIVE PROCESS: RECLAIMING YOUR CREATIVE CALLING
There is an innate desire inside of each of us to create. Whether a song, a work of art, a film, a blueprint or a business strategy, we long to build something more. Yet, oftentimes the church is not known for what we create, but rather what we consume and criticize. Now is the time to reclaim our rightful place as co-creators with Christ and bring the Kingdom of Heaven to earth. If not now, when? There will be a time of discussing the readings, The Word, and then applying the principles to redesign/define our creative process.
*It is highly recommended that you read “Called to Create: A Biblical Invitation to Create, Innovate, and Risk” by Jordan Raynor before attending this session. We will utilize excerpts/texts from this book and the Bible for the first half of our time together.
- Explore and establish the foundational principles of co-creating
- Deconstruct the current model of “creating” in/for church
- Discover making, ideating, and creating processes that work for you
- Collaborate, in a team setting, on ways to reimagine creating in your community
- Develop a creative strategy to nurture and engage your inner artist and creatives in your community
- Apply creative strategies through hands-on experience of making
- Present your creations, findings, thoughts, and ideas.
- AUDIO: TECH TOURS
Brentwood Baptist Church or The Belonging Co.
A brand new SALT Pre-Conference experience! SALT has partnered with two churches in the Nashville area who are opening their doors and giving you a behind-the-scenes look into their production and Sunday morning prep. After completing your early SALT 2022 registration at Long Hollow Church, SALT will provide transportation to one of our two host churches: Brentwood Baptist or The Belonging Co. On-site, the host church will walk you through their audio setups, Sunday process and strategies, how they’ve navigated construction/renovations with their tech, and more! This will be a learning and exploratory experience coupled with Q&A for the church’s tech leaders.
- WORSHIP: SURVIVING SUNDAY
ANDY WILLIAMS & THE LHC TEAM
We all know that regardless of what happens throughout the week, “Sunday is Coming” and if you’re coming to this conference, it’s a good indicator that you carry a lot of the responsibility to make Sunday happen SMOOTHLY. This can come at a high price. Expectations are high – resources are low. You plan and the Pastor changes. Volunteers don’t meet expectations. That one guy won’t quit sending you that hurtful email in “Jesus’ Name.”
No matter how big/small your team/church is, over time, if you’re not careful, you can find yourself simply trying to survive the next Sunday. In this pre-conference, we’ll sit down with the Creative Team at Long Hollow Church to get a glimpse of how they walk into Sunday each week. Our prayer is that after this pre-conference/conference you will leave empowered to lead your people each week with a spirit of revival, not survival.
© 2022 SALT Community.
THE CREATIVE CONFERENCE FOR THE CHURCH.