A new environment that gives you a lab to learn in and a playbook to follow. Walk away with hands-on experience, and a workbook of practical tools, tactics and techniques. Hands down the best learning environment at SALT 2021. Space is limited.
Included with all premium tickets.
“The pre-conference at SALT Conference had a huge impact on me as a developing leader. Really changed how I am approaching my team.”
PRE-CONFERENCE SESSIONS (click to expand)
- COMMUNICATIONS: REIMAGINING DIGITAL DISCIPLESHIP
SPEAKER: MARTRELL HARRIS
Description: Over the last several years digital marketing in the faith-based community has become a priority for most churches. Unfortunately, it has also been one of the most challenging areas to navigate as technology, platforms, and rules continue to evolve. This exciting hybrid session is one that will enlighten and equip digital communications teams for churches of all sizes. You can expect to hear an informative lecture and engage in a hands on guided workshop experience where you will build a unique social media strategy to begin targeting future disciples in your community and keep your congregations engaged. (laptop strongly recommended)
- Basic overview of the 4 major social media platforms for churches
- Building content unique for your congregation
- How to build community through communication
- Tools & Resources for any budget
- AUDIO: AUDIO FOUNDATIONS
SPEAKER: SAMANTHA POTTER
Description: Many of the issues we run into in houses of worship and many of the more advanced techniques used by seasoned professionals all stem from a great understanding of how sound and audio work. We cannot hope to master that which we have just begun to grasp. In this pre-conference, learn what you need to know to start leveling-up your audio game. From the basics of sound through mixing approaches, you’ll walk away prepared and ready to advance your church’s audio experience.
- Basic overview of sound
- Learn how sound is converted into audio
- How microphones and loudspeakers function
- Key mixing tools, and development of a mixing approach for any console
- FILM & STORY: THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO TELLING STORIES ON VIDEO
SPEAKER: GARY HORNSTIEN, CHRIS MUNCH, ADAM BUSH
Description: We see the value of story, we all love to hear a great story, but how to TELL a great story can be rather tricky. Its a craft! In this workshop Adam, Gary and Chris will lean on their decades of experience to help you refine your critical storytelling skills. No more yawns on Sunday morning! Let’s tell captivating stories in your church that move people toward action. You in?
- Interviewing best practices that will help people open up on camera
- Where to look and who to talk to find the stories your church
- Learn the hidden structure behind every great stories
- How to get your visual storytelling to support your narrative…without requiring a huge budget.
- Why audio is more important than you think.
- WORSHIP: PREPARING FOR SPONTANEITY, FINDING YOUR PERMISSION, & YOUR VOICE AS A LEADER
SPEAKER: NIKKI LERNER
Description: Worship leader identity theft is happening all over America! So many evangelical worship leaders sound like they are only from Australia or New York! Stop stealing other worship teams’ identities. Come to the worship lab with Worship Leader & Coach, Nikki Lerner – a hands on workshop designed to inspire and engage you in finding your creative permission again as a worship leader. Discover your own voice and sound and develop a framework for how to excavate the sound of YOUR local church.
- Discover a framework for spontaneous worship
- Identify the trap of taking your cues from the music industry only.
- Use your skills and practice your craft in real time
- LIGHTING/VIDEO: HANDS ON! WITH LIGHTING AND VIDEO
SPEAKER: ETHAN MARTIN & ALAN LOCKWOOD
Description: Video and lighting elements in worship go hand in hand. Come and hear from Ethan Martin, Lighting Director of Celebration Church Jacksonville and Alan Lockwood, Production Director of Woodside Bible Church as they discuss the key elements that should be considered in every Lighting and Video system design.
Ethan and Alan will give us a look into the video and lighting production elements required to support a worship service for both Live and Broadcast. They’ll share how a video and lighting system work hand in hand to support each other and even how LED video walls can play an integral part in creating an engaging worship experience through the lens of the camera.
Attendees will get hands on time with gear, including a variety of camera and lens setups, lighting fixtures and other practical resources to use for improving an existing lighting and video system or will gain knowledge in how to properly plan for the next one.
- Why proper lighting is critical to any video system
- How to effectively balance lighting to work with your cameras
- What are the fundamentals of a good lighting system for live that makes video pop
- What I should be looking for in a camera and lens setup
- How to properly decide which lighting and video gear is right for me
- How to balance an LED video wall to play nice with my lighting and video setup
- Why color temp is critical
- And SO much more…!
- LEADERSHIP: FIRED UP! KINDLING & KEEPING THE SPARK IN CREATIVES
SPEAKER: DR. ANDREW JOHNSTON
Description: Great teams don’t just happen; they’re built and led in ways that fire up the participants and unleash their potential. In this practical workshop Dr. J prepares you to assess your team’s “flammability” and to provide the Oxygen, Fuel, or Heat your people need to burn brightly without burning up or burning out. If you’re a leader or simply want to bring out the best in others, this experience will encourage you and equip you to fire them up today!
Based on Dr. J’s book Fired Up! Kindling and Keeping the Spark in Creative Teams (SALT Conferences, Orange Thread Media)
- Consider/Assess team health and effectiveness using the model of the Fire Triangle (Oxygen, Fuel, Heat)
- Explore strategies to free team members from the things that hold them back and hem them in. (Oxygen)
- Explore strategies to keep people burning brightly without burning up or burning out. (Fuel)
- Explore strategies to raise the bar and turn up the heat without leaving people feeling burned. (Heat)
A new environment that gives you a lab to learn in and a playbook to follow. Walk away with hands-on experience, and a workbook of practical tools, tactics and techniques. Hands down the best learning environment at SALT 2021. Space is limited. Included with all premium tickets.
Take your mic, mixing and monitoring skills to the next level with this in-depth bootcamp in audio. We’ll have consoles for you to look over, a band to mic up and ways to hear the practical differences between various techniques.
Go behind the scenes of the key aspects of making a great film/video: lighting, lenses, color grading and more. Put on your director’s hat and setup lighting, choose the right lens/camera, and get that final edit/color just perfect with this interactive pre-conference lab.
This hands-on video pre-conference will let give you practice and insights on projection mapping, masking, automation, virtual production, LED and more. We’ll have a ton of tools set out, and a guide to walk you through every aspect of video. You’ll walk away with more than just knowledge, but experience too!
Go step-by-step through the elements of being a great worship leader from recruitment to rehearsals, transitions to tempo, and everything in between. In the end, you’ll have a playbook ready to revitalize your worship ministry to impact your local community!
Go beyond the lecture on leadership and actually walk through various scenarios, ideas, frameworks, and processes that shape a world-class team. You’ll leave with a workbook full of action items and ready-to-implement techniques that will help you lead well.
Lets take your social media to the next level, in every way possible! Starting with the philosophy and techniques of each platform to the ways to automate, advertise and scale your platforms, we’ll help you walk out with tried and true framework to make the most of your social channels and reach your local community.
© 2021 SALT Community.
THE CREATIVE CONFERENCE FOR THE CHURCH.